There are lots of things venues can do to help promote their business not just leading up to reopening but beyond. Some of these are:
- Useful messaging to support reopening – government and local level
- Promotion/signage of safety & hygiene measures:
- The “theatre of cleaning”
- On-brand signage & messaging
- Cleaning checklists visible to customers
- Social media videos informing customers of all measures (provide software to enable venues to create these, e.g. via the BID? Or MotionDen allow you to create 1st video free)
- Host at front door explaining house rules & reassuring
- Brief all staff on all measures so they can field enquiries confidently
- Inject fun! Print smiles on face masks? Background hubbub noise, mannequins at intermittent tables, dressed by local boutiques?
- Routes for promotion – e.g. BIDs, apps, local opportunities, Pulling Together, Beer is Here, Brew2You, Barclays tool, etc.
- CAMRA Pulling Together campaign
- Beer Is Here
- Tipll app – free app for hospitality businesses to promote themselves
- Barclays “Open for Business” directory
- Changing Behaviours webinar for Propel Info