Best Bar None continues to thrive in Alberta, Canada with four cities and just over 140 accredited bars.
BBN is operated in Alberta by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC), the provincial liquor regulator, to recognize and reward licensed premises for their commitment to patron and staff safety, customer service and responsible liquor service.
The program is currently operated as a partnership between the AGLC and local municipalities and police in four communities.
Here is a rundown on the state of Best Bar None out here in Canada:
- Best Bar None Edmonton
- The first BBN program launched outside of the UK has grown from 38 accredited establishments in three categories to 75 accredited bars in 11 unique categories.
- Edmonton, the capital city of Alberta, has a population of nearly 900,000.
- Best Bar None Calgary
- In June of 2017, 58 licensed establishments in 11 categories achieved BBN accreditation in the program’s sixth year of operation.
- Calgary’s population is just over one million people.
- Best Bar None Grande Prairie
- Grande Prairie saw a total of 11 establishments successfully achieve BBN accreditation in the community’s fourth year of BBN partnerships.
- Grande Prairie, 450 kilometers north of Edmonton, is home to just under 70,000 people.
- Best Bar None Lethbridge
- The city’s first group of 10 accredited bars were recognized on November 28, 2017.
- Lethbridge (population: 100,000) is Alberta’s fourth largest city and is 200 kilometers south of Calgary.
- New Website
- The Best Bar None Alberta Website (http://bestbarnone.drinksenseab.ca/) has been modernized and updated, featuring new branding and updated logo and also featuring a “Best Bar Finder” – a mapping application that allows the user to find an accredited bar in their neighbourhood or their city.
We are very proud of the work done by our municipal and police partners here in Alberta and the 150 BBN-accredited licensed establishments.
If any UK program operators, partners or accredited premises find themselves in Alberta, Canada and want to talk about BBN in Canada, feel free to drop us a line. We’d be more than happy to meet and talk about Best Bar None.