Best Bar None is an Accreditation Scheme with National Awards supported by the Home Office and the drinks industry which is aimed primarily at promoting responsible management and operation of alcohol licensed premises.
It was piloted in Manchester in 2003 and found to improve standards in the Evening and Night Time Economy, with premises now competing to participate. It has since been adopted by 75 town and cities across the UK and is now being taken up internationally.
Our Annual Report has just been published and can be viewed here.
- To reduce alcohol related crime and disorder
- To build a positive relationship between licensed trade, police and local authorities and the private sector
- To improve knowledge and skills of enforcement and regulation agencies, licensees and bar staff to help them responsibly manage licensed premises
- Process of becoming recognised by BBN includes meeting minimum standards and culminates with a high profile award night with category winners and an overall winner
- Responsible owners are recognised and able to share good practice with others
- Highlight how operating more responsibly can improve the profitability of an individual business and attractiveness of a general area
- To promote the town or city as a safe and vibrant place to go at night.
- It shows a willingness to address alcohol related crime and anti-social behaviour through the promotion of good practice and education.
- It is acknowledged by the Home Office as having a positive effect on the night time economy.
- It promotes a partnership approach to resolving issues.
Want to find out more ?
Very simple….. please contact:
National Coordinator, Mick McDonnell
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 07809 340417